Let your investigators focus on protecting your customers and your business from fraud, and not filling out manual write offs and approval forms. Save time on your ‘tick and flick’ cases so you can devote more time to the more complex, higher value cases. Our investigation workflows allow you to automatically generate form letters and templates for customer communications and refund processing, as well as automating approval notifications.
Polonious collects all the information including amounts and fraud types, allowing you to identify and respond to emerging trends in banking fraud. All work within Polonious is fully auditable, ensuring transparency and regulatory compliance.
Proven track record integrating with detection software
Automated letters, requests, and communications save admin time
Provides information on key metrics such as outcomes, trending issues, and process delays
Save administration time with simple online request and decision forms
Save time processing simple cases with automated templates/reports generated from decision forms
Get a quick picture of your team’s workload with colour coded dashboards and case counts
Get a deeper view of your caseload with breakdowns by case type, team, investigator, received date, and more
You benefit from using Polonious in so many ways…
More than any other factor, the ability to configure a case management solution to reflect your business process gives you a competitive and organizational advantage.
Faster turnaround times. By allowing users to focus on their core responsibilities and not administration and reporting, they are freed up to work the case and complete it in a timely manner.
Ease of navigation, offering easy to use person, organisation and entity searching, case filtering and deep data and document search functionality users can easily find critical information or cases and take action.
Instant overview of case statuses. Via the dashboard, users immediately get a view of their cases with statuses and key dates identified.
Instant updates. Managers in the office can access the newly added data at the press of a button and share it with internal or external clients.
Reduced administrative effort. Typically Polonious reduces case administration from 10 to 25%.
Guided behaviour via configuration of available actions makes it easy for users to understand what they should do next. Users can easily add updates and enter text, change statuses, upload documents or media, check off completed actions, record relevant metrics like case time, travel time, expenses or mileage traveled, proof entries made by others, record complaints or use the log entry as a basis to create a report.
Available anywhere, anytime, online or offline. Users in the field can update case information directly with any device that can run a browser or the ios or android application then sync back to Polonious when they next have access to the Internet.
Automated case reports. In many cases the reports can be completely automated using data, documents and images added during the investigation process.
Less is more. Users only see the parts of the system relevant to their involvement and only cases that they need to see. Once logged in, the user’s view of the world is dependent on many factors including their role in relation to a case such as as a specialist, supplier/vendor, staff member, manager or auditor, the current status of the case and the business units or organisations they are attached to.
Automated updates keep interested parties aware of the progress of their cases via status updates, emails or text (SMS) messages.
The Ins And Outs Of Banking Fraud Investigation
External fraud in banks is a severe issue, costing financial institutions hundreds of millions of dollars every year. As the world becomes more digitized and fraud schemes get more and more sophisticated, banks are in a constant race to improve their security measures. Fortunately, there is software available to improve the banking fraud investigation process, making proactive prevention of bank fraud far more accessible. Polonious is committed to helping banks protect their customers and their business by helping them work through cases faster and more efficiently and proactively detect fraud patterns. Our team is composed of experienced investigators and IT professionals, and we understand the ramifications of fraud on all involved. That is why we have created dynamic, innovative software to help institutions get ahead. Here is Polonious’ brief guide to the world of banking fraud investigation.
What are the signs of bank fraud?
There are many different kinds of external bank fraud, and without the technology to detect fraud patterns, some cases can slip under the radar. So what does bank fraud look like?
- Credit application fraud. There are several types of credit application fraud, but each involves submitting false or manipulated information to obtain credit from a bank. Whether these people are working under synthetic aliases or attempting identity theft, credit application fraud has increased as more financial institutions switch to an online application service.
- Credit or debit card fraud. Both individuals and retailers can be perpetrators of card fraud. Card fraud costs fall back on the financial institutions, so trends must be recognized early and be comprehensively dealt with.
- Phishing scams. If someone is posing as your institution to get valuable information from your customers, that is a significant concern. It is well worth your time to take preventative measures against phishing by informing your customers about how the bank will communicate with them and encouraging them to look critically at emails, phone calls, or text messages they receive asking for personal information.
- Money laundering. When done carefully, it can be difficult for financial institutions to spot money laundering schemes. Signs of money laundering include;
Increased transaction frequency
- Borrowing money from the bank or maxing out credit cards and then paying them off in full
- Paying loans or installments via cash or check rather than digital transfer
- Association with other accounts showing high-risk activities
What should you do if you recognize external fraud in banks?
In the banking industry, external fraud is expected. Many institutions adopt preventative measures such as increased security, but it’s often not enough. Polonious Systems have developed software that allows financial institutions to detect fraud patterns early so proactive investigations can be launched earlier. Here is what you can do when your comprehensive Polonious report data indicates a potential fraud situation.
- Gather as much information as possible. External fraud in banks is rarely confined to one method or strategy, so you need to collect as much information on the potential account as possible. Fortunately, Polonious provides you with the ability to see a wide range of data and information with just a few clicks, letting you audit transactions to find the information you need.
- Keep clear, detailed records. The vast majority of external bank fraud cases are highly illegal operations and will likely need to be given to the police or AUSTRAC. If your investigations team keeps comprehensive case notes and regularly updates relevant information, the police will have an easier time bringing the perpetrators to justice.
- Maintain confidentiality. In any investigation, the identities of those involved and the case’s details need to be kept confidential. This isn’t just to give those involved privacy but also to prevent the undermining of the case and potential sabotage of evidence.
How can Polonious help with your banking fraud investigation?
Ultimately, Polonious allows your investigators to focus on better protecting your customers and your business by automating otherwise time-consuming processes. With Polonious, your financial institution will have access to the same anti-money laundering tools used by banks.
- Detect patterns of fraud early. Our software helps you generate comprehensive reports complete with amounts and fraud types, allowing you to detect patterns of fraud early, thereby minimizing damage.
Saves time on administrative tasks. Polonious automates letters, requests, communications, and approval notifications, so your investigations team can spend more time on an investigation’s complex areas.
- Update case notes anywhere. Whether your investigators are in an interview or the office, they will be able to update their notes both online and offline in real-time. The notes will automatically sync back to Polonious the next time your investigators have access to the internet.
- Remain compliant throughout your investigation. All the work completed with Polonious is auditable, ensuring you remain compliant with regulations and transparent to everyone involved in the investigations process.
- Better manage cases. Polonious will give you a deeper understanding of the investigations team’s caseload, as well as breakdowns of case types, dates, actions made, and comprehensive notes, photos, and footage.
- Faster results. Because your investigators will have more time to focus on their case’s complexities rather than tedious administrative tasks, your turnaround times will improve dramatically, and your caseload will reduce very quickly.
- Build better workflows. If your current workflow processes are not working for you, use Polonious’ innovative workflow design tool to create processes that enhance productivity.
Contact Polonious Systems for bank fraud investigative software
Since 2005, Polonious Systems have provided scalable workflow management and risk assessment software to businesses of all shapes and sizes. We are committed to staying ahead of technological advancements and providing advice and support with IT capabilities across insurance investigation, banking, private investigations, and education. We are renowned for our wealth of experience, professional conduct, and willingness to support our clients comprehensively. If you are looking for software to assist with a banking fraud investigation, contact the Polonious Systems team and find out what we can do for you.